Primary School Lessons – St Mary’s and St. Joseph’s
Hello students and parents! Eastern Suburbs School of Music is thrilled to bring our instrumental music lessons to St. Mary’s in Hastings and St. Joseph’s in Crib Point. This page will outline how lessons will be conducted and explain the fees and payment structure for primary school lessons.
Lessons – Primary School Lessons
- Lessons will be held weekly with the assigned teacher taking students for all lessons. All ESSM teachers hold valid Working with Children checks and vaccination certificates.
- We offer individual or group lessons (max 3 students per group). Groups will be created based on student playing skills and age/grade. Teachers may change groups to maintain skills balance of the group.
- Lessons will be held on the same day of the week.
- Students will be collected from their classroom by the instrumental music teacher.
- Times will rotate with a timetable issued by the teacher at the beginning of each term.
- Catch up lessons will only be held due to teacher absence.
- Students can start lessons at any time during the school term.
- Our priority is on fun with music. We hope this will be the best half hour of fun students have in their school week!! Lessons are based in learning through playing songs, music knowledge games and listening games.
Instruments and Equipment – Primary School Lessons
Each week students will need to bring music folders or books to school on the day of their lessons. Piano and drum students will have instruments provided. Drummers please bring their own sticks for lessons. It is recommended guitar and violin students have their own instrument. We can assist in finding instruments to purchase through our partner stores of Guitars and Things, KCs Rock Shop or Pat’s Music. Students having their own instruments and equipment will also help us implement COVID safe practices.
Fees – Primary School Lessons
Lessons in school through Eastern Suburbs School of Music are charged at the following rate in 2022:
Individual lessons – $225 per term
Group lessons – $150 per term
- Your assigned teacher will invoice for lessons containing payment details.
- All payments are made direct to your teacher.
- Payments are due by the second lesson of term.
- Invoices will be issued in the last week of term for the following term (eg invoice for term 3 will be issued in last week of term 2, payment made by second lesson of term 3).
- If not continuing with lessons in the following school term please notify your teacher as soon as possible.
- Students that commence lessons during the school term will be charged at a pro rata rate following week 3 of term.
- Fees are non refundable.
Home Practice Tips – Primary School Lessons
We find the best way to get students playing and practicing their instruments at home is consistency. I highly recommend making it apart of your before school routine where possible. Students don’t need large amounts of time! A daily two minute run though of songs or lesson exercises is a very effective way of gaining skills and understanding.